Carbon Monoxide Risks Still Underrated in Facilities Maintenance Businesses | SafetyOn
Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin

Carbon Monoxide Risks Still Underrated in Facilities Maintenance Businesses

Category | Workplace Hazards    Posted by SafetyON | October 18, 2016

Carbon Monoxide Risks Still Underrated in Facilities Maintenance Businesses

Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous and noxious gas that induces a wide range of negative effects in any person who happens to breathe it. This effect is amplified in settings where workers are constantly exposed to health hazards and it creates a hazardous work environment. It is one of most prevalent causes of death due to poisoning. Even low levels of the gas can produce irreversible effects. Businesses can suffer greatly from cases of carbon monoxide poisoning and it diminishes their reputation in the eyes of workers and the general public.

What needs to be done?

Companies need to ensure that their natural gas instruments operate in a safe manner and they must conduct periodic checks on their appliances to ensure that safety is not compromised. Detectors need to be top notch and must be able to detect even small amounts of carbon monoxide. Ensure that competent professionals conduct thorough investigations of places where there is large scale combustion of fossil fuels. Employees must also be trained to detect to identify and adapt to situations where there might be CO poisoning.

Prevention is always better than cure especially when it comes to incredibly toxic gases. It is imperative to create a safe workplace in any area where even the slightest exposure to CO is a possibility.

Comments

No Comment found...!

Enter Your Comments